^^All stickers courtesy of Veronica^^
Max was helping me fold laundry (by smiling, talking, and distracting me) yesterday and it had me wish he could be 4 months old for an entire year. Many people don’t like the dependent phase of children, and I admit, having a very independent 4 year old right now is pretty nice, but I look at little Max and feel honored that I have been given this responsibility. He relies on me for life. I am his only food source and arguably the only one who can get him to sleep in a few minutes flat. He smiles every time he sees his mama. I want to die a happy death every time….
Here are a few things I want to remember about Maximilian at this age:
- He is a dimpley dinner roll. I have never had such a chub on my hands. Dream come true.
- He smiles when anyone talks to him directly.
- He likes to babble and experiment with his vocal chords.
- He can hold his head high but he hates to be on his tummy.
- He also hates to be left alone and will yell until brother or sister comes to save him from his sorrows.
- He stops to thank me every time he eats with a big gummey grin.
- Whenever he hears his daddy’s voice he has to stop and track where it came from until he finds him.
- He is kind of scared of Veronica (who likes to feed him her pretend play food and lay on top of him from time to time).
- He loves his big brother Gabriel who is very careful to be gentle and attentive to him.
- He has a hair line that resembles a toupee.
- He snuggles in tight whenever I pick him up.
He really is my dream baby. The cuddley, chubby, smiley kind and I wish it could last much longer than it actually does. I realize more with each child how fast it goes which is why he has been held the most:) Max Francis I admit it… you have your mama wrapped around your finger…